Nautical Inspired Summer Shelf

Seeing as Easter was oh, a month and a half ago, I finally decided I should switch out my holiday shelf for something that wasn’t bunnies and eggs.  I’m not quite ready to put up Fourth of July decor so I gathered up a few items from around my home and put together a Nautical Inspired Summer Shelf.

Nautical Inpsired Summer Shelf and Decor

The beachy/seaside looks is one of my favorites, and always says warm summer days to me!  On one side you can see my DIY Rope Vase, which lends itself perfectly to a nautical look.  I also love the different blue hues in the bottles that I’ve collected from trips to the thrift store.  I think I have a weakness for colored glass bottles.

Nautical Inpsired Summer Shelf and Decor

Any guesses as to what the three blue globes are in the netting?

Nautical Inpsired Summer Shelf and Decor

Well if you guessed unused curtain rod finials that I found at a yard sale last summer than you are correct!   They were sitting in on a table, all three for $0.50 and I just had to scoop them up!  No idea what I would use them for, but I thought they were so pretty.

And lastly I put some sea shell scrapbook paper in my frames underneath and made another quick banner with paper as well.

Nautical Inpsired Summer Shelf and DecorNautical Inpsired Summer Shelf and DecorI haven’t made it out to the beach yet this year but I’ve got a little bit of it in my own living room, which is almost as good!

12 Responses to Nautical Inspired Summer Shelf

1. Liv says:

What a pretty shelf. I love your colored bottles.

2. Mary says:

I was trying desperately to decide what to do with my celebration space, and I truly did consider a nautical theme, but instead I chose a gardening theme. I live on the 9th floor and don’t have a garden, but it was in memory of my mum, since mothers day was the next day.
    Love your space.

Oh a garden theme! That sounds lovely! Pictures? :)

And what a sweet tribute to your mother, I love that idea. I will keep it in mind for next year!

3. I love doing gift baskets and was so glad to read about more ideas. I love your summer shelf idea my daughter always like to decorate home i will surely tell her about your post…

Gifts Baskets Chicago

4. Manda Wolf says:

Very pretty. It makes me wish I was at the beach. I really love the colors you used.

Thank you Manda! Let’s forget all our responsibilities and head out to the beach, sounds great to me! Are you in? :)

5. Love this!! I am going to be decorating our new house with a costal theme so these are the colors that I will be using. Thanks for sharing! Pinning now!
    Stopping by from Showcase Your Talent Thursday

Thanks Ashley! I love a coastal look, I’m sure your new home is going to be so lovely and peaceful. How fun to have a brand new space to decorate!

6. Very beautiful! Looks so refreshing! I co-host a linky party on Mondays and would love for you to share this or other DIY projects :)