When life hands you lemons…

Ah the age old question…what to do when life hands you lemons?  Well there is a lot you can do actually!  One of the best things is to put those lemons into a gift basket and use it to send some cheer.  Because everybody has trials.  Everybody goes through difficult times.  And if you know someone who is right in the middle of one of those dark times let them know you’re rooting for them and will be there to help them make it through to the other side.

When life hands you lemons gift basket.  Great gift to cheer a friend!

This is a fun take on the old saying and each little tag coordinates with a specific item.  You certainly don’t have to use every tag but here are some ideas of what to put inside.

When life hands you lemons:

– Make Lemonade.  (of course.  pair with lemonade)

– Throw them back and yell I wanted chocolate. (with a chocolate bar)

– Be grateful life gave you something. (lemon head candy)

– Sell them on EBAY (cash!)

– Forget lemonade.  Squirt them on lobsters. (silverware wrapped in a cute napkin or gift card to a restaurant.)

– Eat them.  They’re good for you.  Life knows best. (an actual lemon!)

– You could also throw in any lemon scented lotion, candles, or body spray or add in some cute yellow accessories like a necklace or socks.

On a budget?  Each one of these items would make a fun surprise on their own.  It really is the thought and love behind it.

When life hands you lemons gift basket.  Great gift to cheer a friend!

And I’ve got all the tags you need!  Just download the PDF, print, and send some sunshine!

When life hands you lemons gift basket.  Great gift to cheer a friend!

7 Responses to When life hands you lemons…

1. Olivia says:

You come up with the best gift ideas and they are so sweet and thoughtful! Love this idea! Thanks.

2. sigal p. says:

What a great idea. I Love it.

3. Tabitha says:

Everyone has rough times and I simply adore this gift basket as a pick me up. Cute twist on the saying and so many options. Thanks for sharing.

4. shelbi says:

Love your baskets! Especially this one! As someone going threw chemo with quite a few speed bumps along the way, I think this is a great way to put a smile on someone’s face…may have to treat my fellow chemo goers with some lemon love next week! Thanks for the idea!!!

Hi Shelbi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comment. If I could reach through the computer and give you a big hug I would. I wish you all the best in your journey to good health and I hope that your road gets a little easier to travel. You are so sweet to think of giving others a reason to smile! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

5. Caroline says:

This is an amazing idea! My sister is in hospital today having an op after finding out she has cervical cancer. I’m going to make this for her and take when I visit. Both comical and thoughtful, it will hopefully cheer her up! x

6. Bridget says:

Your site and your printables are AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing your incredible talents with the rest of us! You rock!