A Relaxing Gift- The Manly Way

Sometimes the man in your life just needs a break from opening jars, squishing spiders, reaching the top shelf, taking out the trash, and banging on fixing things with a hammer.

So give them a gift of a day of nothing.  Nothing but being a couch potato.

This gift basket is totally customizable for the recipient and there are so many things you can put in.  Here’s some ideas:

•  DVD
  • Video Game
  • Favorite Soda or Drink
  • Candy
  • Beef Jerky
  • Nuts
  • Chips
  • Let’s just say any snack food
  • Slippers
  • Pajama Pants
  • New Remote Control
  • Batteries
  • Back Massager
  • Neck Pillow
  • Blanket
  • Back Scratcher

And this Couch Potato tag.

I get emails all the time asking where I find my clip art and what program I use to create my designs, so I thought I’d share.  I create almost all of it in Photoshop.  I don’t use clip art, I create it. Like Mr. Potato up there, I made him layer on layer in Photoshop.   I have SOOOOO much more to learn with that program and the process is fun.  There are lots of resources online for those wanting to get into Photoshop and some of the available downloads have been a huge lifesaver.  I can already see a major difference in my beginning designs (I’m looking at you Wood Gift) to the ones I’m doing now.  It has taken a lot of time and watching a lot of online tutorials but I enjoy it! If there are any more questions, feel free to send me an email!

Brieanna

14 Responses to A Relaxing Gift- The Manly Way

1. Liv says:

Its very impressive that your printables are made from scratch! Something I don’t have the patience or talent to do. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Love the potato and his expression! Great!

2. Jennyfer says:

I LOVE this idea. My hubs is currently getting his master in education and is student teaching. He could absolutely use a day of nothing!

3. Michelle says:

What a cute idea – thanks!

4. Keri says:

I’m continually amazed by your talent!

5. Mrs. H says:

This is wonderful!!! My husband’s birthday is this week and this will go great with his recliner :)

6. Lisa says:

This is such a CUTE and fun idea! Love the lil potato. :)

7. Stephanie says:

Your baskets are adorable! They inspired me so I just created my own little valentines/February one with the theme of starburst candy.

Oh I bet that turned out really cute! I may have to keep that in mind for future use. And thanks for your kind words!

8. Love it! You were featured in our Father’s Day Round-up today!

Thanks for sharing your darling printable!

9. I like your blog very much. You have shared really sweet idea for the gifts of kid. Thanks to share it.

10. Wonderful article. Thanks for sharing your views and knowledge with us. I love your ideas. Thanks.

11. Yeah! This idea is very beneficial for me. My friend has a birthday next month. I will use these gift basket ideas as his birthday gift.

12. Daddies deserve to be a couch potato for a day. My daddy would surely love this kind of gift.

13. I enjoyed while reading this blog and got lot of gift ideas. Thanks for sharing it.