“Sock” it to him

Do you remember the part in Harry Potter when Harry asks Dumbledore what he sees when he looks in the Mirror of Erised?  (The mirror shows you the thing you desire most in the world.)  Dumbledore answers, “I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks.  One can never have enough socks.  Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a pair. People will insist on giving me books.”
My dad totally gets that.  My dad and Dumbledore are kindred spirits.
When we ask my dad what he wants for every Father’s Day, Christmas, or birthday the answer is “socks.”
So this gift idea is inspired by my dad, and a little bit by Dumbledore too.

To make this gift you will need:

• A basket or gift bag
  • Slippers (as many as you want)
  • Socks (as many as you want)
  • Any foot items you want to put in such as nail clippers, lotion, foot powder, foot scrub
  • Coupon for a foot massage
I hope my dad gets all the socks in the world that he could ever want.
To see the version of the foot basket for ladies check out this post!

12 Responses to “Sock” it to him

1. Mom says:

Dad will love this. Our 31st anniversary is coming up! Guess what he’s getting!

2. Anonymous says:

Call me weird but I love a good pair of socks too! Why should men get all the fun. Thanks for the great idea!

3. My Dad ALWAYS says socks when asked what he wants! Can’t wait to use this for him! Thanks B

4. Susan says:

Neat idea! I just had to pin to pinterest! I’m always looking for a good man gift. Thanks for sharing!
    Susan

5. Amberly says:

My little sister always gives my dad socks. I just forwarded this to her because it’s so great! I LOVE your blog and am so glad I found it on pinterest!

6. Anonymous says:

This is so great!
    Where did you find the slippers???

7. Kathryn says:

I love the idea because my boyfriend has always said that if he was rich, he would buy himself enough socks to wear a brand new pair everyday (when I said that was wasteful, he said he would donate them afterwards LOL). But anyway, my only reservation on this is the foot massage coupon O_o I can’t touch other people’s feet. Maybe if I get him a coupon or certificate for a pedicure? :| Haha, you have such great ideas.

Thanks Kathryn. I love your boyfriend’s idea, that is pure luxury! And I’m sure a coupon for a pedicure would work just as well!

8. This is a very sweet idea. I do think that any present from a son or daughter will be appreciated by his or her parents. However, a present that really means a lot to someone and knowing that the giver has personally made or come up with it is, for me, another level of gift giving. Thank you for this idea. This is really awesome!

9. Kimberly says:

Cute idea. My husband has a thing about socks and he works very hard so I’m sure his feet really could use some time off! Maybe I’ll have to do a variation of this for him.